COVID-19 Customer Information
Enjoying our events in safety
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Babbacombe Theatre and appreciate your continued support.
In line with current government guidelines and restrictions, we are fully committed to making your visit safe and enjoyable, once we can re-open.
We will be updating this page and adapting our protocols to include any new government guidelines that may be issued over the coming weeks.
We plan to be reopening in February, but will update this page when we have difinitive government advice.
- There is socially distanced and reserved seating for all events
- Hand sanitiser and hand washing facilities are available
- Increased cleaning schedule in the venue before, during and after every show
- Contactless ticketing – *excludes group/coach party bookings (New ‘rule of six’ does not prevent distanced coach tours and each tour company will ensure their passengers wellbeing and safety is paramount- even during excursions).
- Each coach driver will be provided with detailed information regarding the safety and wellbeing of their passengers when attending the theatre and procedures for arrival and departure
- Your seat number will determine the door you use to access the venue via the foyer. Signs will be in place. NOTE: A-Z 1-16 = RIGHT DOOR. A-Z 17-32 = LEFT DOOR
- Patrons will be encouraged to stay in their seats throughout their time on site. Exceptions include: to use the toilet facilities, preferrably during the interval ONLY. To leave the auditorium to go outside during the interval, when patrons MUST do so via the FIRE EXIT doors ONLY and re-enter via the foyer doors using the same door they used on arrival.
- At the end of the performance the audience will be directed to leave the building via FIRE EXITS at the front of the venue if in ROWS A- K. ROWS L-Z will exit via the Foyer doors - they way you entered. STAFF WILL ASSIST THROUGHOUT THIS PROCESS.
- Safety screen at Box Office and in the Buffet. All staff will be wearing masks.
- Patrons who are on a coaching holiday and visiting with their group may sit together if in the same bubble and will then be socially distanced from other patrons.
- The use of face coverings is mandatory in all areas of the Babbacombe Theatre
- All tickets can be booked online, via telephone or direct at the Box Office.
- If you or any member of your party have had symptoms of COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to an event we would ask that you do not visit the venue and instead contact the Box Office by phone 01803 328385 or by email. Please see the HSE website for further information on COVID-19.
- If anyone in your group has any accessibility needs, please contact the Box Office prior to your visit - Tel: 01803 328385 OR VIA THIS LINK
- If there is not availability for your group size, please contact Box Office who will advise on your options.
Updated terms and conditions
- There must not be individual groups of more than six people from no more than one household seated together. Though single households with more than six individuals are exempt.
- To maintain adequate social distancing measures, please give yourself plenty of time to arrive at the venue. Doors will open 45 minutes prior to curtain up. Whilst waiting to gain access to the venue you will be advised where to queue and you will be asked to maintain the 2m rule.
- For a booking to be made, we will need contact details for the main booker, this information will be taken with an online booking and requested when booking via the telephone or at the box office. If necessary, this contact information may be used to aid with contact tracing and will be passed to the HSE. However, if you have the NHS COVID 19 APP on your mobile telephone, you can register as onsite when you arrive. THE VENUES UNIQUE QR CODE IS DISPLAYED THROUGHOUT THE THEATRE. We recommend you do this.
- Management reserves the right to cancel or make any essential changes to performances at any stage.
- Every member of the audience must have a valid ticket.
- Once purchased, tickets and gift vouchers cannot be exchanged or refunded unless an event is *cancelled by the venue. This does not affect your statutory rights. Please contact the Box Office if you have any questions regarding this or check the full Terms & Conditions online VIA THIS LINK
- * CANCELLATION INFORMATION REGARDING REFUND CHARGES DURING COVID CRISIS - If the show you have booked tickets for is cancelled during the COVID crisis and not re-scheduled, you will be able to have a refund. Albeit it would help us in these uncertain times for theatres if you would accept a credit for your tickets against another show that we have coming. If you take a credit on your account, the monies would be held safely on your account with us until June 2022, however that can be extended upon request.
The value of that credit, (the face value on your ticket/s) can be applied to any show at the venue please see our website, or you may opt to choose one in the future, currently not listed- do keep checking the website for updates.
Another option would be to donate the ticket value to our theatre emergency fund to help us until we are able to open again, this of course would be most welcome.
However, if you would like a refund, we are happy to do this for you, subject to a deduction of £2 per ticket, the Covid Cancellation Charge, which we levy towards the administration costs incurred.
You can advise us of your preference either by replying to the email we send you notifying you of the show cancellation or on the telephone when we call you.
Please be advised refunds will be issued against the card you paid on. If you paid cash or by cheque, we would need to contact you for either your card details, or in the event you do not hold a debit/credit card, details for a bank account. In all instances where a card payment was processed over 6 months prior to the show’s cancellation, ticketholders will need to be called so the box office staff can input your card details again direct to the PDQ machine, so the refund can be processed, less the £2 per ticket Covid Cancellation Charge
Refunds do take several days to reach your account once processed and when refunding for a show, it will take us several days to deal with every ticketholder. Your patience and understanding of that is much appreciated.
- PLEASE NOTE: Tickets should ONLY be used by the person named on the ticket/booking – IF YOU ARE BUYING TICKETS FOR SOMEONE ELSE please book via the Box Office directly so they have full details for the recipient intending to use the ticket for access
If you have any queries about our safety measures, the advice for customer information or the updated terms and conditions please get in touch by calling 01803 328385 or emailing [email protected]