COVID-19 Customer Information
Enjoying our events in safety
Updated 31/08/2021 - PLEASE NOTE: Our policies & procedures implemented since we re-opened on 17th May have altered to allow for the latest government announcements and for the special measures that we have been asked to adhere to by Torbay Coucil.
We have enjoyed ENTERTAINING those of you that have supported us since we re-opened in May and we want to say THANK YOU, we appreciate your continued support.
In line with current government guidelines and restrictions, we are fully committed to making your visit safe and enjoyable, but please consider that as restrictions have eased, we have made some changes to our procedures.
• There is now only some socially distanced seating for events, you will need to check with the Box Office if the show you wish to see has this available. Patrons are requested to advise the Box Office operative when booking, if they wish to be socially distanced from the bulk of the audience and we will do our best to comply. Albeit we will be spacing groups where we can. Note: Our capacity is 600 seats. Hand sanitiser and hand washing facilities are available, and we request that all patrons please use this facility on arrival.
• Increased cleaning schedule in the venue before, during and after every show, will continue.
• Contactless ticketing is available on request – *excludes group/coach party bookings.
• Each coach driver will be provided with detailed information regarding the safety and wellbeing of their passengers when attending the theatre and procedures for arrival and departure.
• Your seat number will determine the door you use to access/leave the venue via the foyer- signs will be in place. NOTE: A-Z 1-16 = RIGHT DOOR. A-Z 17-32 = LEFT DOOR
• Safety screen at Box Office.
• Staff can choose to wear or not to wear masks, but most will be wearing masks when moving around the venue. Many staff have already been vaccinated, however NOTE, all staff will have taken a COVID – 19 Rapid test prior to being on site.
CURRENT SPECIAL MEASURES IMPLEMENTED BY TORBAY COUNCIL ON GOVERNMENT ADVISE IS AS FOLLOWS
- Get both vaccinations as soon as possible and give it time to work
- Get tested even if you don't have symptoms and even if you have had one or both jabs
- Comply with the legal requirement to self-isolate if you have symptoms or test positive. There is financial support available for eligible people.
- Stay at home if unwell, to reduce the risk of passing on other illnesses onto friends, family, colleagues, and others in your community
- Step up your COVID-19 safety: Meet in well-ventilated areas where possible, such as outdoors or indoors with windows open and keep thinking hands, face and space
- The use of face coverings is no longer mandatory in all areas of the Babbacombe Theatre; however, we would support anyone wanting to wear one as they move around the venue, MOST ESPECIALLY whilst the town is in special measures.
• If you are NOT fully vaccinated, we would request that for the care of others, you WILL PLEASE have taken the Rapid Covid-19 tests and been able to report a negative result, prior to your theatre visit. Testing kits are easily accessible via most chemists, or you can apply online via the Governments official website https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests
- All tickets can be booked online, via telephone or direct at the Box Office.
- If you or any member of your party have had symptoms of COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to an event we would ask that you do not visit the venue and instead contact the Box Office by phone 01803 328385 or by email. Please see the HSE website for further information on COVID-19.
- If anyone in your group has any accessibility needs, please contact the Box Office prior to your visit - Tel: 01803 328385 OR VIA THIS LINK
- If there is not availability for your group size, please contact Box Office who will advise on your options.
Updated terms and conditions
• For a booking to be made, we will need contact details for the main booker, this information will be taken with an online booking and requested when booking via the telephone or at the box office. If necessary, this contact information may be used to aid with contact tracing and will be passed to the HSE. However, if you have the NHS COVID 19 APP on your mobile telephone, you can register as onsite when you arrive. THE VENUES UNIQUE QR CODE IS DISPLAYED THROUGHOUT THE THEATRE.
• Management reserves the right to cancel or make any essential changes to performances at any stage.
• Every member of the audience must have a valid ticket.
• Once purchased, tickets and gift vouchers cannot be exchanged or refunded unless an event is cancelled by the venue. This does not affect your statutory rights. Please contact the Box Office if you have any questions regarding this or check the full Terms & Conditions online VIA THIS LINK
• If the show you have booked tickets for is cancelled and not re-scheduled, you will be able to have a refund. Albeit it would help us in these uncertain times for theatres if you would accept a credit for your tickets against another show that we have coming. If you take a credit on your account, the monies would be held safely on your account with us for 18 months, however that can be extended upon request.
The value of that credit, (the face value on your ticket/s) can be applied to any show at the venue please see our website, or you may opt to choose one in the future, currently not listed- do keep checking the website for updates.
Another option would be to donate the ticket value to our theatre emergency fund to help us until we are able to open again, this of course would be most welcome.
However, if you would like a refund, we are happy to do this for you, subject to a deduction of £2 per ticket, which we levy towards the administration costs incurred.
You can advise us of your preference either by replying to the email we send you notifying you of the show cancellation or on the telephone when we call you.
• PLEASE NOTE: Tickets should ONLY be used by the person named on the ticket/booking – IF YOU ARE BUYING TICKETS FOR SOMEONE ELSE, please book via the Box Office directly so they have full details for the recipient intending to use the ticket for access.
If you have any queries about our safety measures, the advice for customer information or the updated terms and conditions please get in touch by calling 01803 328385 or emailing [email protected]
AFTER A VISIT FROM TORBAY COUNCIL'S 'Covid Compliance Officer' who works in conjunction with the Community Safety department. #responsibleriviera, we were invited to an interview for a case study, to show how our re-opening safely could inspire other businesses to do the same. The case study is now featured on the Torbay Council's website - to read the article and see other featured businesses- CLICK HERE