COVID-19 Customer Information
Enjoying our events in safety
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Babbacombe Theatre and appreciate your continued support.
In line with current government guidelines and restrictions, we are fully committed to making your visit safe and enjoyable.
We will be updating this page and adapting our protocols to include any new government guidelines that may be issued over the coming weeks.
We plan to be reopening on Monday 2nd November 2020.
- There is socially distanced and reserved seating for all events
- Hand sanitiser and hand washing facilities are available
- Increased cleaning schedule in the venue before, during and after every show
- Contactless ticketing – *excludes group/coach party bookings (New ‘rule of six’ does not prevent distanced coach tours and each tour company will ensure their passengers wellbeing and safety is paramount- even during excursions).
- Each coach driver will be provided with detailed information regarding the safety and wellbeing of their passengers when attending the theatre and procedures for arrival and departure
- Your seat number will determine the door you use to access the venue via the foyer. Signs will be in place. NOTE: A-Z 1-16 = RIGHT DOOR. A-Z 17-32 = LEFT DOOR
- Patrons will be encouraged to stay in their seats throughout their time on site. Exceptions include: to use the toilet facilities, preferrably during the interval ONLY. To leave the auditorium to go outside during the interval, when patrons MUST do so via the FIRE EXIT doors ONLY and re-enter via the foyer doors using the same door they used on arrival.
- At the end of the performance the audience will be directed to leave the building via FIRE EXITS at the front of the venue if in ROWS A- K. ROWS L-Z will exit via the Foyer doors - they way you entered. STAFF WILL ASSIST THROUGHOUT THIS PROCESS.
- Safety screen at Box Office and all staff will be wearing visors/masks.
- Patrons who are on a coaching holiday and visiting with their group may sit together if in the same bubble and will then be socially distanced from other patrons.
- The use of face coverings is mandatory in all areas of the Babbacombe Theatre
- All tickets can be booked online, via telephone or direct at the Box Office.
- If you or any member of your party have had symptoms of COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to an event we would ask that you do not visit the venue and instead contact the Box Office by phone 01803 328385 or by email. Please see the HSE website for further information on COVID-19.
- If anyone in your group has any accessibility needs, please contact the Box Office prior to your visit - Tel: 01803 328385 OR VIA THIS LINK
- If there is not availability for your group size, please contact Box Office who will advise on your options.
Updated terms and conditions
- There must not be individual groups of more than six people from no more than one household seated together. Though single households with more than six individuals are exempt.
- To maintain adequate social distancing measures, please give yourself plenty of time to arrive at the venue. Doors will open 45 minutes prior to curtain up. Whilst waiting to gain access to the venue you will be advised where to queue and you will be asked to maintain the 2m rule.
- For a booking to be made, we will need contact details for the main booker, this information will be taken with an online booking and requested when booking via the telephone or at the box office. If necessary, this contact information may be used to aid with contact tracing and will be passed to the HSE. However, if you have the NHS COVID 19 APP on your mobile telephone, you can register as onsite when you arrive. THE VENUES UNIQUE QR CODE IS DISPLAYED THROUGHOUT THE THEATRE. We recommend you do this.
- Management reserves the right to cancel or make any essential changes to performances at any stage.
- Every member of the audience must have a valid ticket.
- Once purchased, tickets and gift vouchers cannot be exchanged or refunded unless an event is cancelled by the venue. This does not affect your statutory rights. Please contact Box Office if you have any questions regarding this or check the full Terms & Conditions online VIA THIS LINK
If you have any queries about our safety measures, the advice for customer information or the updated terms and conditions please get in touch by calling 01803 328385 or emailing [email protected]