WE ARE RECRUITING
We are looking to recruit a reliable and friendly person with accountancy and administrative experience to join the team at the Babbacombe Theatre, as the Theatre Administrator.
This is a full time, permanent position – 36 hours per week.
All applicants are asked to please read the Job Description and Job Specification prior to making their application - SEE BELOW.
Position: Theatre Administrator for Matpro Limited, Cary Point, Babbacombe Downs Road, Torquay TQ1 3LU
Responsible to: Colin Matthews (Managing Director) and Sharon Waring (General Manager).
Hours: 36 per week.
Objective: To provide administrative support, to assist in the effective operation at Babbacombe Theatre.
- Weekly Payroll for Babbacombe Theatre, Employee’s records, holiday pay and pension.
- Liaise weekly with departmental managers regarding, time sheets,
- Process and calculate the wages and invoice payments on HSBC Business Internet Banking
- Maintain accurate accounts records – manually and on the computer
- Maintain and operate a system to ensure records for all employees are correctly filed to comply with the General Data Protection Regulations. The Theatre Administrator also acts as the company’s Data Controller
- Handling of all leaflets/posters. Co-ordinating all overprinting as required.
Deliver leaflets and posters to local tourist information centres and Stagecoach office in Torbay, mailing to other information centres, whilst supplying the box office.
- Council Poster sites - co-ordinate the display schedule and arrange collection/ delivery to Torquay’s Town Hall
- Website – as and when required, in the absence of the GM ensure updates are applied and assist with managing website information.
- Oversee the office stationery orders
- Handle the post for the office and the box office
- Effectively handle telephone, letter and email enquiries
- Supply attendance records for the chaperones and children, for use backstage, only when children are involved and for the venue’s own productions.
- Assist the GM should the children’s performance schedule need revising by contacting parents to arrange cover when a child becomes unavailable.
- Assist where necessary with new productions – auditions & costumes etc.
- Invoice all agency bookings – Tourist Information Centres, (Torquay/Newton Abbot/Dawlish) and the hotels that book direct
- When required cover the Box Office.
- Send weekly emails (usually Mondays) to show producers confirming their tickets sales and revenue.
- Add new shows to Ticketsolve, (the Box Office Ticketing System) only when the box office staff are unavailable
Assists GM, when required with Facebook and Twitter posts, and oversee all posts on the Instagram account
- Add all shows to various listing websites including events on FB.
- Create forms when needed – IF SKILLS INCLUDE KNOWLEDGE OF ADOBE PHOTOSHOP create artwork when required.
PERSON SPECIFICATION - Essential = E Desirable = D
E- Good general education, GCSE English & Maths.
E - Suitable Administrative Qualification i.e. NVQ admin
E - Computer skills
D - Adobe Photoshop training
E - Understanding of administrative procedures, with some actual experience
E - Experience of working in a customer facing role, including handling a wide range of enquiries particularly by telephone and email responses
D - Quick-books & Iris Payroll software
D - Excel.
E - Ability to work under own initiative and as a member of a team
E - Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills, including the ability to draft correspondence such as email responses
E - Word Processing skills, including the ability to produce documents with appropriate formatting
E - Fluent user of email and Internet browsers
E - Ability to organise own work to meet deadlines
E - Accuracy and attention to detail
D - Being able to create artwork using Adobe Photoshop
E - Pleasant personality/self-motivated
E - Able to work under pressure & multi-task
E - Able to maintain confidentiality
E - Demonstrate enthusiasm and a willingness and interest in learning new skills
D - Adaptable to change
D - Have an interest in theatre and/or the performing arts
D - Artistic Flair
D - Hold a full drivers Licence
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will only be accepted in writing, preferably by e-mail, to the General Manager, Sharon Waring – [email protected].
Include with your application an up to date CV, with a covering letter telling us why you want this role, what you feel you’d bring to the company, and anything else you feel will enhance your application. NOTE: EXPERIENCE IN ADMIN/ACCOUNTS IS ESSENTIAL. However, training will be given in tasks that are likely to be unfamiliar to you.
Closing date for applications- Monday 27th January 5pm
Published: 6th Jan 2020