How To Find Us
Babbacombe Theatre is situated on the beautiful Babbacombe Downs, in Babbacombe, Torquay; located only 5 minutes away from Torquay’s harbour side. It is easily accessible from other resorts on the English Riviera, Paignton and Brixham, both by car and public transport. When travelling from Teigmouth, Dawlish, Shaldon or even as far as Exeter, the theatre is best located by first following signs to Torquay and then once entering Torquay following signs to Babbacombe. The A379, Babbacombe Road, is the road that runs from Torquay harbour up to the area of Babbacombe.
- Zoom in/out map using controls on Map
- Move around using arrows
Nearest Transport Links
- Railway Station: Torre Railway Station
1.6 miles (2.6 km)
- Motorway Junction: M5 Jnct 31
13.9 miles (22.4 km)
- Airport: Exeter
18.2 miles (29.2 km)
These locations are nearest as the crow flies, but may not be nearest by road.
BUS ROUTE: Service 12 or 12A from Brixham, Paignton or Newton Abbot. Disembark at The Pavilion. Then walk to Debenhams (2 mins) and board service 32 or 11 and ask for Babbacombe Downs, you will be dropped on Babbacombe Road, just opposite Babbacombe Downs Road and the theatre is only a 3 minute walk.
CAR PARKING: There is restricted on road parking however, there are numerous pay and display car parks within walking distance. WALLS HILL CAR PARK, behind The Old Coach House Inn. PRINCES STREET CAR PARK, between Babbacombe Road and Babbacombe Downs Road- one way only accessible via Babbacombe Road, next to Hanburys Fish Restaurant. MODEL VILLAGE CAR PARK, Hampton Road.
If travelling into the county via the M5 ...
- Continue forward on to the A38 from Exeter Services (junction 30).
- At Kennford services take the left hand lane signposted A380 signposted Torquay and remain southward bound until you reach Newton Abbot (A380) travelling on Besigheim Way.
- At roundabout take 2nd exit onto Torquay Road, continue through Kingskerswell.
- At the next roundabout take the 1st exit forward onto Riviera Way (A3022).
- At the third set of traffic lights at Lawes Bridge take left hand lane and turn left onto B3199 signposted Teignmouth.
- At Hele Cross Roundabout, take 2nd exit onto Hele Road, at mini roundabout turn left and immediate on next mini roundabout take 1st right onto Westhill Road, signposted Plainmoor.
- At traffic signals turn left on to Manor Road signposted St. Marychurch/Babbacombe (A379)
- Next traffic signals turn right onto Babbacombe Road the A379
- Turn Left on Babbacombe Downs Road.